- 0 Plays
Bacon Toupee: City’s Best Blast From the Past
“Bacon Toupee” is part of the “Best Dude” viral campaign I did for City’s Best 2005 where I filmed myself doing interesting things. I also put posters up all over NYC, Chicago and LA to promote it, as seen on Curbed:
Posted by Fletch
Marketing Manager Wanted, Really
Howdy, Fletch here. Starting our search for a marketing manager. You can read the official job description below, but I’m really looking for someone who really, really likes/loves being creative and has the skills and drive to really spread the good word about City’s Best. (How many times did I just use really in a sentence?)
If you’re interested, hit me up at email@example.com
City’s Best is one of AOL’s most well-known brands showcasing the best a city has to offer. It’s the trusted place where editors and users find and share the best in their city. As part of AOL’s dedication to providing the best original content on the Web, we’re making City’s Best even better by innovating from the ground-up and re-launching the site in 25 DMAs in 2010. To do this, we are creating a start-up environment with a small team. This is an exciting opportunity for creative thinkers who communicate well and get things done.
We’re seeking a proven, energetic candidate who will be responsible for all aspects of City’s Best marketing – social, user acquisition, retention and re-activation. In addition to external responsibilities, this position will also work cross-functionally to promote City’s Best across relevant AOL properties. Ideal candidates will have a strong blend of left- and right-brain skills and will leverage data and creativity to build the City’s Best audience and brand..
- Develop and manage City’s Best social media extensions (e.g. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, AOL Lifestream)
- Act as internal promotion and integration point-of-contact for AOL content channels
- Work with corporate communications, brand and marketing teams to ensure messaging is on target
- Secure placement for content across the Web driving external traffic
- Represent City’s Best across online social communities and other media outlets
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, social media or related field
- Strong consumer Internet experience
- Deadline-oriented, self-starter who possesses great attention to detail
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial arm of a larger company
- Unique blend of creativity and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required
Front-End Engineer for City’s Best
We’re growing the development team at City’s Best and looking for a great Front-End Engineer. Come join the small team and startup environment to develop an exciting new vision for the local web. We’re focused on creating an extremely social and engaging experience for both users and business owners.
Ninjas need not apply
As a Front-end Engineer for AOL’s City’s Best you’ll join the small team and startup environment to lead the front-end development of an exciting new vision for the local web. We’re focused on creating an extremely social and engaging experience for both users and business owners.
- Passionate about building great products that people want to use
- A results-focused get-it-done developer
- Proud of the great code that you write
- A heads-up problem solver
- Interested in how and where the web is consumed from desktop to mobile to iPad
- Experience with 3rd party API integration and social web development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in working on template-based websites
- Experience with source control systems like SVN and git
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- A flawless ability to translate a PSD into semantic code
City’s Best is one of AOL’s most well-known and longest-running brands, however we’re focused on the future and not the past. We’re building a small and smart team to recreate and rebuild the product from the ground up. We say what we mean and mean what we say, and are committed to making City’s Best a place where experts and neighbors can share the best in their city.
Please include links to current projects along with your role and contributions.